Known bugs in current evo red/blue v5.98

Got suggestions for our missions, servers, or the website? Or maybe you think something should be changed? Let us know here!

Moderators: Wyatt, Anzu, Tactical_Force, Moderators

Gehenna

Known bugs in current evo red/blue v5.98

Post by Gehenna » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:58 am

Thought I might as well make a list of all the problems so the mission maker can check them off as he goes. This list will be updated. I would recommend the mission maker to add a list of currently reported and replicated bugs to the changelog.

- Evo entrance 'scene' moving to ocean, with no player avatar to be seen (has been around for years now, and players usually reslot in the hopes of actually getting into the game)

- Player being unable to move avatar upon entrance from lobby, with the scroll menu inaccessible. In third-person view the avatar appears to be dead (resolved only by respawn)

- airdropped/MASH/FARP ammo box not showing any ammo, OR 'locking' all ammo (can put own stuff in, can't take the box's original content out)

- new weapons not available from base/farp gear box upon ranking up (persistent problem, resolved only by respawn)

- only private rank weapons made available to higher rank player from base/farp gear box upon return to server (persistent problem, resolved only by respawn)

- AI permanently slotted in lobby, preventing players from joining the game (has been around for years now, and seems to happen across evo variants)

- Player AI usurping name, rank, and leader position, and associated perks of player upon his death and departure from server, usually by server interpreted TK (sometimes resolved by killing said AI, sometimes not, may be related to point above)

- non-stop rolling over upon being critically wounded, making any retaliation against enemy impossible (resolved only by respawn)

- unable to roll over upon being critically wounded (tends to happen when holding a launcher, resolved only by respawn)

- losing all in-game controls except double-tap caps lock for VoC upon death (only resolved by restarting the game; very rare atm)

- teleporting outside of base through use of MHQ/AHQ/FARP teleport options to return to base

Evo Blue specific:

- when anyone other than the person who loaded a vehicle into a C130 unloads the vehicle, vehicle teleports elsewhere; usually into the ocean (persistent problem)

Evo Red specific:

- Upon rank up, VSS Vintorez available without corresponding ammo from base/farp gear box
Last edited by Gehenna on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Depth Charge
Private
Private

Re: Known bugs in current evo red/blue v5.98

Post by Depth Charge » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Yea a lot of these issues we are aware of, sadly mostly of the admins seem to have moved onto playing/working on arma 3 lol

Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

Post by Anzu » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:10 am

We are still fixing and editing ArmA 2 Evo missions but it's been at a slow pace since we have so few scripters and most of them have a plateful of other projects they are also working on. We will check into these and get as many of them fixed as we can. Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know!

triodak

Post by triodak » Fri May 18, 2018 10:52 am

I see that Evolution Blue (Eagle server) was updated to 6.0a in last year. I was not playing Arma 2 Free for many months.
What was fixed from the list in ver.6.0a?

I did read the 'Changelog.txt' file from awgevoblue-a2only-v6beta.chernarus.pbo (after unpacking) but not sure if all above bugs are on Jt's list.

The difference I see is zeroing points (ranking) when server gets empty. Actually it is enough to get to lobby to resets the points if only one player on the server.
It is a little scary when you need so many points to unlock weapons. In 2014 was last request to reduce the needed points. Maybe it is time to reconsider it again now after almost 4 years? Not so many players right now. I would say unlocking just all weapons from the beginning (or greatly reducing weapons ranks) would be good.
In the last week I spend a lot time on Eagle and have seen just few players many of them disconnecting before getting to first rank (30 points).

Anyway in file \client\notes.sqf (info about points needed to vehicle unlock) the written values are: 15, 45, 90 ... were real ones in i_common.sqf are 30,60,120 ... It would be good to update notes.sqf to inform about real values. Probably the vehicles list is also not updated.

In stringtable.csv is a spelling error: Aitfield! and should be Airfield! ;)

In menu (MAP) we see Changelog twice. In Notes sub-menu Changlog and Credits sub-menu Changlog (file: \client\notes.sqf ). In those two different sub-menus we see only beginning of the info (recent changes V5.8 to V5.98) and oldest V4R2 to V5.3 respectively. Is there a limit of amount if row text to show? It would be good to fix this as well so both show full changelog or maybe delete one sub-menu item. Upgrade from internal not public changelog would be good as well. Just a cosmetic fix ;)

Also in request topic was a subject about "ECM system. It really sucks that if you are getting locked on by the AA missile, there's almost nothing you can do to prevent it from hitting you." (viewtopic.php?p=6411#p6411)
Is it possible to use ready Addon like "Missile Detection Fixes" (armaholic page.php?id=12360) in awgevoblue-a2only-v6beta.chernarus.pbo ?

One more subject is with new USS Khe Sahn on map. When you land with AHQ on it and move to base the AHQ is locked as you can not move back to AHQ. You got a message AHQ currently in water. It would be good if you could spawn to aircraft carrier. There could be some more choppers, landing repair/refuelling zone, ammo/weapon box.

If you land on one of the two Destroyers you do not have option to "Get out" but only "Eject". The back area of Destroyers with landing marks is 'virtual'. You can not land on it - you hit water. The upper part is kinda slippery but you can hard land there.

There could be some automatic Anti-Air defense systems mounted on the 'ships' like in main base.

I know that A2 i s a old game. Please treat that post as valuable (I hope) information not you must fix it stuff :) Just some different look on A2 from new to A2 person.

Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

Post by Anzu » Thu May 24, 2018 12:01 am

Thanks a lot for posting and making us aware of this stuph man! We are aware of a lot but definitely helps to have more eyes helping out. We will review and fix what we can!

We may make a public issue tracker or repo for this mission at some point.

Maybe Jt can weigh in on some of this but I know he's super busy as well so we'll review all this stuph in time.