PvP not enough Vehicles

Discuss anything related to Exile, the ArmA 3 Mod.

Moderators: Wyatt, Anzu, Moderators

Fred

PvP not enough Vehicles

Post by Fred » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:47 am

:twisted: Hi Anzu This is my last Effort to reach you, for one have you ever tried to get enough Poptabs together to buy a armed Vehicle hithout using Your Admin Powers do it like we have to do it and see how long it takes to get the Tabs, there are not enaough Vehicle spawning to sell,

AND MOST OF ALL TAKE THE PvP OUT it only attracts players that want to satisfy there Lust to kill. a few regular players want the same ask them we used to help each other and not shoot each other. I would have been a regular Donor to the Server but the Way it is now I won't go into it as long as there is the PvP in it.
I have lost everything and have to start from Scratch wich I don't mind doing if the Conditions are right.

SO THINK ABOUT IT WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO

Have a nice day.

Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

Re: PvP not enough Vehicles

Post by Anzu » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:59 pm

1.) I don't use "Admin Powers" to get vehicles or poptabs or anything like that, neither does any other admin on our servers. That is against the rules and we take it very seriously. So please don't throw around accusations unless you have some kind of evidence, in which case we would be happy to look into it and investigate the report.
2.) It is NOT that hard to get poptabs. There are TONS of ways to get money. Just doing one mission alone can net 1mil easy for a single player. Plus, the AI drop at least 5k each, which multiplies the more players on the server so if there's 5-6 ppl on it will be +25k per dead AI, not even including their gear which you can sell and the enemy AI vehicles which you can sell (some of the tanks sell for +600k and are easy to capture if you know what you're doing). There's underwater loot crates which have hundreds of thousands of poptabs in them and are basically no-risk missions besides maybe drowning or someone hijacking it from you, but that's rare since most players are indeed friendly.
3.) As I just said, most players are friendly, so idk where you get this idea that everyone is just killing and griefing one another. It happens, but no where near as often as you make it sound. And if someone is griefing, we always investigate the report and look into it and have banned ppl before due to this. PvP is allowed and actually a lot of players enjoy the PvP possibility. Just because you really dont like getting killed, doesn't mean we are going to change the entire rules for the server. It's never meant to be a PvE-only server and there are rules against griefing so we enforce that the best we can.
4.) There are plenty of vehicles around the map, and you can even spawn a ATV if you have an Extension Cord so you can get around the map easier. Also, there are plenty of vehicles at the Trader which are low-cost, 10k or under. You spawn with 25k poptabs, so there's really no excuse to say you cant afford or find any vehicles to use.
and finally 5.) We don't do this for donations. They are nice and we greatly appreciate anyone who even considers donating, but we will not bend to their will just because they donated and want something changed. If you have a suggestion or find a problem, we are more than happy to help you out and fix it. If you lose gear or vehicles due to a bug or griefer, and we can prove it (usually easy via logs and database checking), then we are more than happy to reimburse you at least partly for what you lost. We have other features to deter griefing, safe zones, virtual garages, we have lockpicking and safe cracking DISABLED, and base raiding really doesn't happen that much unless someone has a ton of explosives and they are really out to get you.

We hope you continue playing and enjoy the server and of course we will take into account anyone who suggests changes to better the server, but we aren't going to make it PvE-only at this point. If you lost something specific though due to a bug or griefer, then I'll be happy to help you out ingame and replace whatever was lost just as I told you before when you messaged me on Steam.

Fred

Post by Fred » Mon May 07, 2018 7:01 pm

I never accused u to use your Admin Powers read the Blog again all I said was try to get enough Poptabs without using Admin power especially if u have lost everything and have to start from scratch. I was running around the Map trying to find vehicles to sell but not enough of them around also I never demanded to alter enything on the server I only made a suggestion to alter the Server again read the blog carefully. yes one spawns with 25K but by the time one buys all the gear he needs there is not much loot left to buy anything els, can u tell me how can anyone enter a locked up Base and steal the Flag??? it happened to our Base we had to take down the Gate and replace it in order to lock the Base up again wonder how long the Flag stays this time. yes Ritchy and I went into the server because the PvP/PvE was gone from the Server Name and that was when we found out that the Flag was gone wich I replaced also the Gate and both of us got shot.

Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

Post by Anzu » Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 am

Yeah I get that it's hard to start over and it sucks bigtime when you die and lose your vehicle/gear/poptabs multiple times, especially when it's from a bug or some asshole who just decided to ruin your day, i totally get that. But that is also just part of the game, you win some, you lose some, and if you never lost any gear or vehicles and never had to start over once in a while, it would probably get boring because you'd feel like it's too easy. We want the server to be challenging and make ppl really value the gear they do have and the lives they live (in-game), because it can all be lost in a second if you make the wrong move, and sometimes even when you do everything right.

I would suggest trying another approach to getting poptabs rather than selling the random-spawn vehicles on the map. For one reason, you really wont make that much money that way, and two there's a limited amount of them so after you sell some, you're left with no vehicles around that area until next server restart. They only spawn at restarts, so if one person sells or collects all the vehicles in an area, they dont come back until after restart and it will seem like theres no vehicles around. Instead, maybe just buy a sniper rifle or whatever youre weapon of choice is, get an ATV or some cheap vehicle, bring some AT-rockets/missiles, and go take out a gear crate or smaller mission. That will get you around 500k-1mil usually, and it's a little challenging yes but it's possible, other ppl are doing just that all the time and having no complaints.

Or buy a SDV and rebreather and go get an underwater gear crate, thats another 250k-500k easy plus you get a ton of weapons and some rare items spawn in those too that you won't find anywhere else. If you're buying super expensive gear right off the bat, then yeah you're going to run out of money fast and not have much left for other things. But if you spend wisely and save your poptabs as much as u can, just buy some cheaper gear and then when you hit a big win you can go gear up with the expensive stuph.

Regarding the base and flag, there is really no telling but ANY base is penetrable and just because you have locked doors or think it's secure, doesn't mean it is. Ppl are creative and they will find a way to get in, the best you can do is make it super hard for them to do so. Here's some tips to make your base/flag more secure:

- Place flag inside of another object (This is NOT against the rules! Other servers have rules against this, we do NOT. Place your flag anywhere you can!)
- Surround flag with multiple layers of sealed walls. (you really don't need to access your flag once placed, so make it as inaccessible as possible)
- Place it ontop of something tall, get airlifted ontop of something and then place it and build walls around it.
- Build your base in an area that is way out of the normal traffic areas, away from missions, traders, hot zones, towns, etc. Build it out in the middle of the ocean if you want.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup: