==[ Official AWG ROK Server Live Now! ]==

Discuss anything related to Reign of Kings.

Moderators: Anzu, Yellowjacket

==[ Official AWG ROK Server Live Now! ]==

Postby Anzu » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:47 am

As some of you know, we've been looking into ROK and have quite a few members playing it. While there was a ROK server up a while back with the AWG name on it, it was not an Official AWG server.

We intend to make this server fair and fun for all, as well as having a constant admin presence on it to make sure everything runs smoothly. We look forward to hopefully seeing many new and old players on our upcoming ROK server and hope that those players who were playing on the other ROK server, will migrate to our official one.

Anyone who is interested in helping out as admin on the ROK server, please message Darkbolt, Canis, or mysql either on the forums here, on Steam, or come talk to us on TS3. There is an approval process for admins, but if you are a mature, responsibly, respectful player who is active on our servers, then you are more than welcome to apply.

Here is the server info:

Keyword to search for: "AWG"
Address: ROK.AWGames.net

Long live Reign of Kings! =)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AWG Teamspeak 3 Server: TS3.AWG.io

GitHub.com/smithb895
AWG Google Code Repository
ArmA Ban/Unban Requests: viewforum.php?f=5
Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

To Anzu. My server for your use.

Postby postal1982 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi Anzu I am new to your community but have played with YellowJacket for the last month or so in our ROK server. I bought my own server a few days ago and with the help from Yellowjacket we were able to set it up and get all the kinks worked out. I say we but it was all him. I would like to offer my server for you to use. I am am open to letting you and your mods have complete control and access to my server console and FTP. Yellowjacket has told me allot about how you guys run your servers and have complete faith in your people to come in and run as you see fit. I have a 40 man server through blue fang. Feel free to contact me on steam my ID is postal1982. Or you can talk to yellowjacket as we are on team speak with each other every day.
postal1982

Re: ==[ Official AWG ROK Server Coming Soon! ]==

Postby Drizz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:52 am

Sounds good. I'd most likely migrate to the official server next Alpha Release/Server Wipe. Pretty established on the igp server ATM.

EDIT: After my base got offline raided and we lost all our materials and gear I may head over when it opens!
Drizz

Postby igamingpublic » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Drizz, about the raided offline. I am not sure about how many awg admins will be on the server after midnight. We all know we have schedule to sleep. Most likely, the troll players will eventually wait for admins to leave the server. When your base offline got raided, there's nothing possible to help you get the stuffs back. You gotta understand, about refunded or asking admins that I lost my stuffs etc. It''s part of RP. " You got raided too bad you lose, continue playing " one thing about doors security level. IF you have wooden doors tier 1 security level 1. it's very easy to break down. 2) lockpicked can access wooden doors, stone doors and reinforced doors. not iron doors it's security level 3 because it's hard to break down. Keep in mind wood door has 500 health structure. stone has about 1000 and so on. I m probably not gonna disuses about players who lost their stuffs while they got killed in sleep, KOS, etc. If you lose, perhaps crafts another one. It's not that hard to craft weapons,armors, blocks and many things. What admins can do for the players who lost their stuffs, just give them resource instead of full refunded. Gotta understand this game is all about crafting, farming , and RPing with people including friends. I had enough with troll players today in my own private server. I personal do not know if yellowjacket can be able to handle it. since, I dont see him play that much :)
igamingpublic

Postby Drizz » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:03 pm

I understand the mechanics of the game regarding security. The only was to get into my base was with siege. Using siege while others are offline is the only problem I have with this game on public servers. Gathering and crafting for hours only to have it completely gone due to some douche disobeying rules is obnoxious. The fact that it happened to my base consecutively means that I'll most likely be looking for a whitelisted server to prevent the trolling. If the official AWG server goes whitelist I'll probably try it out but at this point I'm done with public servers for RP/building purposes.
Drizz

Re: To Anzu. My server for your use.

Postby Anzu » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Guys please take these in-game ROK issues to another thread, this is not the place for it. Also, that wasn't technically AWG server so you'll need to message iGamingPublic directly.

postal1982 wrote:Hi Anzu I am new to your community but have played with YellowJacket for the last month or so in our ROK server. I bought my own server a few days ago and with the help from Yellowjacket we were able to set it up and get all the kinks worked out. I say we but it was all him. I would like to offer my server for you to use. I am am open to letting you and your mods have complete control and access to my server console and FTP. Yellowjacket has told me allot about how you guys run your servers and have complete faith in your people to come in and run as you see fit. I have a 40 man server through blue fang. Feel free to contact me on steam my ID is postal1982. Or you can talk to yellowjacket as we are on team speak with each other every day.

Postal1982: I appreciate your offer but we just recently had someone do the same thing and it turned out to be majorly problematic. We've had people offer this kinda thing in the past and it's never really worked out well, for one reason or another. The main thing is, with the server rented under my name, I am the one who is ultimately responsible for it and if there's problems or if it goes offline and I need to contact the host directly, I can do that with ease since my name is on the bill. If you were a member of AWG for some years and I knew you personally, then it might be different. But I don't really know you too well, no offense, and after this recent incident with the other unofficial AWG servers, I'm going to have to say no for now.

If you really want to help support AWG, which we definitely do need help, then I would suggest donating via the Donate button on our homepage. That, above all else, is the best way you can help the community grow and help us afford new servers. Unfortunately we have not had many donations in the past several months so most of this comes out of my own pocket. I don't mind though because this is a passion of mine and I love support gaming communities in any way I can. But if you want to help support AWG and see it grow and get new servers, that's how you can do that.

I hope you understand the reasons behind my decision, I really do appreciate you offering to help and hope to see you become part of the community regardless. :)

Thanks and have fun in-game! :thumbsup:

GitHub.com/smithb895
Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

Re: ==[ Official AWG ROK Server Live Now! ]==

Postby Anzu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:50 pm

ROK Server is up finally! All are welcome to come play! Get the server info in the first post. :)

GitHub.com/smithb895
Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

Return to Reign of Kings