Taviana Base Building Server

Discussion about DayZ on Taviana.

Moderator: Anzu

Seamus

Taviana Base Building Server

Post by Seamus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:21 am

Hello,

I have been playing on your server off and on for the past six months or so, and have been exclusively playing perhaps the last two months. Have about 90 hours logged so far and absoluetely love it. I played, and currently test for Daimyo, who originally wrote the base building script. I had a question/suggestion about the base mechanics concerning item removal. The intent of building a base is to secure your gear. One thing Daimyo did was make tents, double-stacked Hesco, and concrete gates indestructable (shooting them down or blowing them up), and also not able to attempt to deconstruct. Currently, you have a 70% fail on concrete gates, which with a few toolboxes come right down. This forces many players to use an exploit by placing large metal containers as gates which are 95% chance fail, and simply remove each time they access their base. This was forbidden on our server (Sernix). One suggestion is to do what Daimyo did and make them indestructable to prevent this, as when you have dozens of hours of gameplay put into building the base, "securing" it, and looting gear... just to have it all stolen in a matter of 30 minutes by someone with a backpack full of toolboxes is quite frustrating. This is also preventing some of the newer players who start on the server from staying on. The server has been between 5 and 15 players for the past week or two and I hope it continues to grow. Anyway, my two cents....

- Seamus