Wyatt's King of the Hill - Under development

Talk about mission editing or scripting for ArmA here.

Moderators: Superxpdude, Anzu, Tactical_Force

Re: Wyatt's King of the Hill - Under development

Postby StealthXD » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 am

Wyatt, this looks like an incredible game mode when you're completed! Can't wait to try it. :)
I agree with the point where you do not want too much people flying Jets/Attack Helicopters and such and to focus on more ground oriented operations. Many people in domination when they reach the rank of Major/Colonel start to bomb AO with rockets and GBUs leaving minimal enemy forces behind for the rest of the players, which I personally dislike, but what can you do right? So to sum it all up, I can't wait to see what you restrict on Jets/Attack Helicopters for the players.

Another note. I personally love to do ground operations/doing ground work which is what warfare offers when Cualrari or someone commands and decides to not build an air factory right away, but to build it later on or even never. Evo Blue doesn't offer much ground ops once a few players start rising up the ranks. Similar to the note above, I can't wait for what you have planned for the ground forces.

Keep up the good work buddy. :thumbsup:
Facta Non Verba
-------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings
StealthXD
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Wyatt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:57 pm

Thanks for the comment Stealth.

Lately I have been moving slowly on this. Just got a new job (after being unemployed for 8 months) and I am focusing on that for now.

In regards to jets and helis,

All - I plan to make all GBU/CH29's require a laser lock on before launch. That will get rid of the carpet bombers.
All - I may make AA missiles require a lock on to air targets.
Hellfire Missiles - I do not know exactly what I will do about these. I may make hellfire deal less damage and be less accurate unless locked on to a laser.
A10 AGMs - I may not nerf these. You only get two per run and its a pain in the ass to hit with.
Rockets (hydras, s8) - I will force them to deal less splash damage and more direct damage. May just copy the blast from the SMAW HEAA
Main cannons/Miniguns - I do not intend to nerf these, however I will make it so that the AI can lock on to laser targets as well. Nothing like a bunch of helis raining 30mm HE on target.
Note that AI should open fire on laser targets with "at will" guns such as the hydras and cannons. Hydras will fire when a hit is possible.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!\
I will be away from AWG for a little while (1-2 weeks). Between my GF, work and programming, I have no extra time. When I come back, V6 of evolution or RVB will be done.
Wyatt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby StealthXD » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:17 am

Those changes sound really sweet, this makes it possible for the ground troops to coordinate more with the Air support they have. The players who fly Jets/Att. Helis cannot ignore the fact they need the ground troops to lase targets instead of Carpet bombing with GBUs and strikes with Hydras, instead most Jet players just say they want a lased target, but go on ahead and just carpet bomb the AO.
Awesome on getting that Job Wyatt. Take all the time you need with your personal stuff.
I can't wait to see what you have done with Evo v6 when you get back. Good Luck :thumbsup:
Facta Non Verba
-------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings
StealthXD
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Anzu » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:38 am

Awesome work man :)

I wanted to chat with you about missions and such, but I rarely get a chance to on TS3. Message me on Steam sometime when you aren't busy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AWG Teamspeak 3 Server: TS3.AWG.io

GitHub.com/smithb895
AWG Google Code Repository
ArmA Ban/Unban Requests: viewforum.php?f=5
Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

Postby Wyatt » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:35 am

Sadly I do not have steam; I have a deep rooted hate for it.

I always check my forums account and I do have skype.

Skype is "wyattwic".
Wyatt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Anzu » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Okay ill add you on skype

GitHub.com/smithb895
Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

Postby Wyatt » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:54 am

As of 4/7/14 this project is on hold pending completion of Annihilation: Blue, Annihilation: Red and Annihilation. The following projects will utilize the same concept as above however it will be A3 only. Given what happens in May, it might be ported to A2.

Annihilation: Blue - Bluefor takes the AI controlled town
Annihilation: Red - Opfor takes the AI controlled town
Annihilation - Opfor vs Bluefor taking the town. KOTH style.
Wyatt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Anzu » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:19 am

Can't wait to try out those A3 missions, they sound awesome! :D Nice work man! :thumbsup:

GitHub.com/smithb895
Anzu
[AWG] General
[AWG] General

Previous

Return to Mission Editing & Scripting